Calabasas Homes For Sale California
A Guide to the City of Calabasas; home of the magical Calabasas homes for sale.
Calabasas Homes for Sale History and Attractions
Located to the west of the San Fernando Valley, the city of Calabasas and Calabasas homes for sale, is a neighborhood that is a brief drive from downtown Los Angeles. Known for its gated neighborhoods and wealthy residents, Calabasas homes for sale is the ideal place to live. Just northwest of the Santa Monica Mountains, it is centered between Woodland Hills, Agoura Hills, West Hills, Hidden Hills and Malibu. There is no better place to live than the unpretentious and elegant Calabasas homes for sale.
The city of Calabasas is named after the Spanish word “Calabaza”, meaning “pumpkin” or “squash”. According to recent legend, a Basque rancher spilled a wagon-load of pumpkins on the way to Los Angeles in 1824. That following year hundreds of pumpkin seeds were planted on the road and gave Calabasas homes for sale its name.
Supporting a population of roughly 24,000 residents, Calabasas homes for sale and the Chamber of Commerce hosts an annual Pumpkin Festival every October in honor of its namesake. This festival includes exhibits, live entertainment, demonstrations and carnival games that is fun for the entire family. The festival began as a small-town fair and now has increased in significance and importance as the festivities continue to grow each year. Other attractions in the city include: the Fourth of July Spectacular and the Fine Arts Festival.
While the great attractions are a great reason to find a Calabasas homes for sale, the high-ranking education is one of the major benefits in purchasing a Calabasas homes for sale. If you would like to see all the Calabasas homes for sale be sure to scroll to the end of the review.
Here are some pictures around Calabasas homes for sale.
WHAT’S NEARBY CALABASAS ?
Why move to Calabasas?
Why move to Calabasas and reside in one of the Calabasas homes for sale?
Calabasas is a very attractive and modern neighborhood that is home to some of the biggest celebrities in the world, including: Justin Bieber, the Kardashians, Jennifer Lopez, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and the Osbourne’s among many others.
- Proximity to Los Angeles: One of the best cities in the world is little over 20 miles away which means within 30-45 minutes you can be enjoying some of the best beaches Southern California has to offer. If relaxing on the beach isn’t your thing, you can walk down Ventura Boulevard or take a tour of the world famous Universal Studios.
- Malibu Creek State Park: Considered the crown jewel of the Santa Monica Mountains, the park has over 8,000 acres of sensational peaks, tallgrass plains and oak savannahs. You can hike, climb and ride this spectacular park and relive the scenes you’ve seen from the many movies that have been filmed here. If that isn’t enough for you, there is always the option to get in a car and drive through the pleasant valley enjoying the delightful views.
- Wonderful Dining: Saddle Peak Lodge, King’s Fish House, Marmalade Café, Corner Bakery Café and La Paz Mexican Seafood Restaurant are just some of the top restaurants in town. Whether it is a light bite, a full meal or just a drink with friends there are plenty of places to go and take in the gorgeous evening sunshine.
- Safeguarding the Environment: This is a longstanding priority for the residents of Calabasas. The city played a huge role in the 10-year battle to protect Ahmanson Ranch from development. In February 2006, all smoking was prohibited in all public places throughout the city where other patrons may be exposed to second-hand smoke. This includes restaurants, bars, hotels and bars where people meet and congregate so not only is the environment protected, it ensures a cleaner place to live.
- High-ranked Education: Education is important in Calabasas and in the Las Virgenes Unified School District, the city is in one of the highest ranked districts in the state of California. Calabasas High School, Alice C. Stelle Middle School, Arthur E. Wright Middle School and the private Viewpoint School are just some of the establishments which provide service to Calabasas residents.
- Civic Center and Library Complex: The $45,000,000 two-building complex, built in 2008, is the first constructed ‘green’ and municipal-owned civic center structure in California. It contains the Calabasas Library, an amphitheater, the Calabasas Channel (CTV) and meeting rooms.
Why neighbors love Calabasas:
Peaceful • Dog Friendly • Beautiful • Clean • Convenient • Hills • Family Friendly • Well Maintained • Walkability • Location
Top Neighbor Interests:
Dogs • Music • Food • Wine • Friends • Movies • Family • Travel • Reading • Hiking
Other Calabasas City Area Resources:
To find out even more about this scenic city, the Calabasas homes for sale and its quaint surroundings in the Santa Monica Mountains area, please visit the following Calabasas Resources:
Calabasas Chamber of Commerce: http://calabasaschamber.com/
Funded Public Transport: http://dpw.lacounty.gov/landing/transportation.cfm
Malibu State Park: http://www.malibucreekstatepark.org/
TOP CALABASAS REALTOR
Why Choose A Top Producer?
If you’re thinking about selling your house, condo or investment property in Calabasas
TWO Things You Must Do:
• Select a Professional Realtor familiar with Calabasas homes for sale
• Establish the Selling Price for your home for sale.
As your exclusive agent I will prepare a Current Market Analysis (CMA) with valuable information to help you price your Calabasas home for a quick and efficient sale. I will also prepare a detailed marketing plan showing a week-by-week analysis of what I will do to promote your Calabasas home for sale. Most importantly, I will make sure only pre-approved buyers see your home, hold open house as often as necessary and see that your Calabasas home for sale is SOLD.
TWO Things I Must Do:
• Market Your Calabasas Homes For Sale
• Get Your Calabasas Homes For Sale SOLD!
I am Maggie Oreck and I want to help you sell your home. I have over 14 years of real estate experience and the tools, education and technology to SELL your Calabasas home in the quickest time and for the highest amount of money. I will provide a high level of online exposure through social media integration and SEO (search engine optimization) results. Your Calabasas home for sale will be syndicated to all portals that savvy home buyers use such as: Relator.com, Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, etc… In addition to the incredible online exposure your home will receive, you will also receive print media attention that allows homes to stand out through high quality photos, virtual tours, and much more…
I have been selling homes in and around Calabasas, California for many years. Contact me to discuss how I can best serve your Calabasas real estate needs!
©2017 CRMLS. All rights reserved. Some listings on this website are from CRMLS as of June 27, 2017 1:47 PM PT The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.